Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 24: Energy


It used to be OK to use energy. NO longer is this the case. We are now required by the laws of our privileged North American lifestyles to feel guilty for using any natural resource. There is good reason to feel guilty as to me it is clear that we are exploiting the world to maintain our impossible standard of living, its just that, like most catholics, I sometimes get tired of feeling guilty.

I think this 1947 Public Service Announcement must have been one of the first energy conservation messages ever. To be honest I really don't know what "watch your meter" really means or why it was important for the public to do so in 1947. If anyone knows please enlighten me (use the "comments" button at the bottom of the post).

No comments:

Post a Comment